Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2005 Focus ZX4 SE - P0171, Rough Idle, Dies when coming to a stop.

5435 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bcunningh
About a week ago I started to experience intermittent rough idling for 20-30 seconds then it would go back to normal. After a couple days of this I got a Check Engine Light and then it started dying when I would be coming to a stop. It won't die when it has just been cold started, but once it has warmed up it will die almost every time I come to a stop. I can keep it running by putting it in neutral and keeping the engine revved a little while I am stopped. I read the code and it came up P0171. I've checked and I can't find any obviously damaged vacuum hoses. I even looked underneath and found what I believe is the hose to the PCV Valve and that seems to be in fine shape. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably have to get it into a shop, but I wanted to ask if there is any more easy things to check beforehand.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Same symptoms my '06 is having, only it's not shutting off.........yet.
Guess it's time for a pcv valve change. Been putting it off long enough. Surprised it lasted this long, but the Ford dealer said don't worry about it till the idle gets rough. 257k miles is long enough, eh?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.