Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about swapping my 2005 ford focus from the original 2.0l to a 2.5l duratec from a fusion, I don't know much about the swap right now and just wanted to learn more. Mainly I was wondering about the wiring aspect of it but if you've done the swap what difficulties did you come across while doing the swap. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

w/ my magic bag
There are quite a few write ups about that.....

FF Affiliate
Wiring off your 2.0 works fine , you will need to change the oil pan , 2.3 timing cover , VCT eliminator/ adj cam gears from massive speed , TB adapter and a custom tune

Tom

Registered
You do not need to change the oil pan. I'm running the 2.5 oil pan and pickup. Using a 2.3 timing chain cover. Using the the 2.5 valve cover and head with vct delete and standard 38 teeth cam gears. You can use an extra oil cap to fill the vct hole left behind when you swap in the vct delete. RTV gasket maker the cap into place, it fits great .

Registered
Looks good

Whats the fuel regulator for ?

Tom[/QUOTE

Since there is no way to control the fuel pump, I ran a return line and set the pressure at 42 psi.

Registered
what did you need to swapped that engine?did you change the ecu or something else or you just put that 2.5 and plug the same sensors and it worked?

w/ my magic bag
Wiring off your 2.0 works fine , you will need to change the oil pan , 2.3 timing cover , VCT eliminator/ adj cam gears from massive speed , TB adapter and a custom tune

Tom
what did you need to swapped that engine?did you change the ecu or something else or you just put that 2.5 and plug the same sensors and it worked?

Registered
I'm looking at the 2.5 fusion to 2000 focus swap I found a complete engine for 350 but everybody says it can't be done but I'm old and don't believe it can't until I find out it can't by doing research or trying it myself.

FF Affiliate
If you have a 2000 Focus those came with a SPI 2.0 SOHC or a Zetec 2.0 DOHC , To put a Duratec into your Focus your going to need to change the engine , trans , all wiring in dash , engine bay , it isnt worth it , find a cheap blown engine 2003-2007 Duratec Focus and do the 2.5 swap in it

Tom

Registered
If you have a 2000 Focus those came with a SPI 2.0 SOHC or a Zetec 2.0 DOHC , To put a Duratec into your Focus your going to need to change the engine , trans , all wiring in dash , engine bay , it isnt worth it , find a cheap blown engine 2003-2007 Duratec Focus and do the 2.5 swap in it

Tom
I've got the Zetec 2.0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts