Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2005 FOCUS SES ZX4 - moon roof wiring

348 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  technotic 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've lurked for a long time but I have a question I haven't found an answer for yet. I'm curious about the wiring for the moon roof switch on the 2005 ZX4 SES.

There are 4 wires: black, black/blue, black/white, green/blue.

According to a Fortin chart I have, the black/blue is mentioned for both "close" and "tilt". Black/white is mentioned as "open". For anyone who has the moon roof, you know that the positions are open > close > tilt using the close button, and then tilt > close > open using the open button. So if it's already tilted, you have to hit open to bring it back to the closed position. So basically I'm guessing black/blue is just close, black/white is open. The Fortin sheet also shows them as being negative triggers. But I'm guessing black is the common. Unless there isn't a common and
Each is a separate pair. On the harness, black/blue is on the same row as black, and black/white is on the same row as green/blue. The pairs are offset. I've included a photo of the harness and the inside of the button for reference. It appears that black goes to pin 6, black/blue to pin 5, black/white to pin 2, green/blue to pin 1.

Do these connect straight to the motor or through a relay?

Here's why I'm asking. I have a DEI 5706v Viper alarm and Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module for remote start. I want to use the aux outputs on my alarm to control the moon roof. So aux 1 would be close, aux 2 would be open. I have some mini sae relays I was going to use, with the alarm output to 86, 85 to ground, 30 and 87 to run parallel to the button, one to each wire for the pair. This seems like the most logical solution to me, but I guess I was only expecting 3 wires. Probably closed loop independent circuits to a controller for the motor? Tho the controller is probably inside the motor.

Anyway, if anyone has experience on this, would love to hear your feedback. I do have and know how to use a DMM, but I think the relay option is the best regardless. And really the only way, if it's closed loop. Maybe I answered my own question writing this haha.
Finger Thumb Nail Wrist Magenta

Blue Finger Wrist Thumb Electric blue

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.