Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I Just purchased a 2005 ford focus and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this noise. The car is pretty loud at low rpms and from a stop to about 20mpg theres it sounds like there is some rattling coming from the passenger side. There is no damage to the body, so I was wondering if anyone here could figure this noise out. And also why the car seems to be so loud.

Note: On the highway the car doesn't seem be as noisy, it's only on take off.

I will post a video of the problem in the comments

·
Registered
452 Posts
The passenger motor mount is most likely toast. If you have a jack, a few tools and are knowledgeable in basic repairs, it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually just reading about how that may be the problem. Would that also make the car almost sound like it has a aftermarket exhaust? The noise is only directly in front of the passenger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The passenger motor mount is most likely toast. If you have a jack, a few tools and are knowledgeable in basic repairs, it's an easy fix.
Quick question. I'm not able to change the mount for another week and a half. Is it safe to drive the car about 140 miles?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Quick question. I'm not able to change the mount for another week and a half. Is it safe to drive the car about 140 miles?
Dont accelerate hard and you should be ok. Only use a Motorcraft OEM mount on the passenger side.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can drive with a worn motor mount, it won't hurt anything. Take pbfoot's advise though and buy a factory replacement. The cheap ones only last a few months if you drive in a more "spirited" fashion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts