Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps got broken while the car was being worked on by one of the shops sometime in the past. The plastic prongs that secures the cruise control actuator cable into throttle linkage is broken which causes the cable to shift around, pulling the cable and randomly causing the engine to rev up.

Which component do I have to replace to fix this? Hopefully not the entire cruise module as a "set".

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
There may be more than one thing wrong there. Your main cable boss is out of retainment and the inner cable may be slipping in that too (the what appears to be exposed threads thing).

Fixable for probably little or nothing, at least I could, but likely too complicated in the methodology (more than one way) to go into it here. That other thing sticking out next to the cable if not flimsy to break itself may be used to help you fix the cable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be more specific, I am wondering if that affected retainment sleeve can be obtained separately, if so what it is called, and the part #, or if just the cable assembly can be replaced, and the part #. thank you

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
It will likely be part of a cable assembly at the least, the 'threaded' portion is generally molded into the outer sleeve as one piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts