Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I've googled and searched the forums, but havent been able to find a good answer.

I have a 2005 Focus and want better audio, I also want to keep the "stereo control" stick next to the steering wheel.

Is there any way to keep use of this stick when swapping the head stereo unit?

Also, any idea if this 2005 ZX3 is prewired for a sub? I read that some of them are.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Howdy!

I've googled and searched the forums, but havent been able to find a good answer.

I have a 2005 Focus and want better audio, I also want to keep the "stereo control" stick next to the steering wheel.

Is there any way to keep use of this stick when swapping the head stereo unit?

Also, any idea if this 2005 ZX3 is prewired for a sub? I read that some of them are.
Yes, you can keep the steering wheel controls, check out www.crutchfield.com for the specifics on what you need. Go into your trunk, driver side and pull back the carpet there near the rear quarter and see if you have any unused connections. I did not have any on my car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Look into the pac audio swi-rc for the steering wheel controls: easy installation
Also for the pre-wired for the subs, i would imagine a high trim line 2002 to 2004 might be pre-wired because the svt came with a sub, but i doubt it. Even if it is you should run all new wires for the best sound quality

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Even if it were prewired for a sub, it's not going to be of any use for an aftermarket amplifier. Just in case that's what you were thinking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts