Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realize the 2005+ ZX3 is NOT compatible with the SVT kit, but does anyone know if there are any companies out there planning on offering kit to make the swap possible?

At some point I would like to be able to throw the SVT suspension on my 2006 ZX3, but I need to find a conversion kit first...

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
the 2005 is the same as the older one i don't see why it woulden't fit i got sportline right now and the box said 00-04 ford focus and it fit mine just right. it's only the 2006 that is differt

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Yep..the SVT kit WILL fit 05 models just fine. The 06s have some slight changes, and the kit won't work on them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you use 2005 spindles, you can use the 2005 or earlier suspension kits, including the SVT. You man need to also get an upper spring perch. You can get spindles for about $100 a pop. So you are looking at about $200 plus your suspension, and if it is the SVT about $250. so $450 is not bad for a lowering kit.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Production dates for the cut off is July 18 2005. This is the date for which the knuckle was changed.

·
Registered
682 Posts
eddiebrock71 said:
If you use 2005 spindles, you can use the 2005 or earlier suspension kits, including the SVT. You man need to also get an upper spring perch. You can get spindles for about $100 a pop. So you are looking at about $200 plus your suspension, and if it is the SVT about $250. so $450 is not bad for a lowering kit.
It is for the svt kit, if you are gonna spend that much for a slight drop why not wait until someone comes out with a suspension kit for it later down the road.

·
Registered
117 Posts
On another post, I just read that Eibach is not pursing new suspension for the 2006, as Ford is going to change the Focus againg. Can not make money for one year model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
eddiebrock71 said:
On another post, I just read that Eibach is not pursing new suspension for the 2006, as Ford is going to change the Focus againg. Can not make money for one year model.
They already have pro-kit springs and sportlines.......
and i believe its two model years... 06-07

1 - 8 of 8 Posts