Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently bought some 6 spoke 2004 svt wheels and put them on my 09 coupe, and I was just noticed a grinding sound and the wheels are rubbin the caliper. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? Wheels spacers maybe?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
If they are.stock Svt wheel u shouldn't have a problem. 2009 see wheels are repainted eaps. And all of them are 17x7 +49 offset svts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
wow, I'm surprised, can you throw up some pics?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U did torq down the lugs before driving right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, everthing was torq'd correctly.

Here is a pic of the wheels I have.

This is where the caliper was rubbing on the rim.

This is the part of the caliper that is rubbing.

I know im going to need some kind of spacers, but which do I need and still be safe for everyday driving. Changing calipers is out of the question for me, since I just $300 on gettin a extra set of 08-11 red polymer coated calipers.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
there are two different ways to fix this. 1) is get some 5-10mm spacers or 2) you could get the SVT front brake upgrade that will space the calipers farther out from the hub centerline and should clear the wheels.
I almost had the same problem with my ATS wheels. I think I had about 2-3mm clearance but it was enough. good luck

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Grind it down Alil bit see if that helps.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
This is all you need. 2-3mm.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
No, I got really lucky. I would have been up a creek if they rubbed. These wheels are $500 each and there is no way I was going to risk damaging them. Also they are a 40 offset and spacers would have put them even farther out of the wheel well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Based on the amount of rubbing shown in the pictures, I think I'd simply round the edge of that caliper brace a little with a die grinder.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant do that....Im puttin a set of red polymer coated calipers on. Im goint to try some 5mm H&R spacers. Hope that works.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
We are talkin about the bracket not the caliper. Unless u coated the brackets too. That's really odd for it to do this. Other local member ran eaps/5 spokes on there 09's with no prob. But we did not have a 6 spoke to try even tho they have the same specs. Weird lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are talkin about the bracket not the caliper. Unless u coated the brackets too. That's really odd for it to do this. Other local member ran eaps/5 spokes on there 09's with no prob. But we did not have a 6 spoke to try even tho they have the same specs. Weird lol
yeah very weird.....I was weary at first cause ford always changes shit up between the first and second model year. i checked the wheel specs against the new model eap wheels before i bought em. its just majorly frustrating.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Actually u might want to get spacers front and rear the 08-11 have more fender clearance than 2000-07 might look better flushing it a little. Maybe 5 for front and 10 for rear. And for a little more try 10 in front and 15 in the rear to make it actually flush with the body

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually u might want to get spacers front and rear the 08-11 have more fender clearance than 2000-07 might look better flushing it a little. Maybe 5 for front and 10 for rear. And for a little more try 10 in front and 15 in the rear to make it actually flush with the body
I actually ordered H&R 5mm to go all the way around.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I know one of the guys i work with put 6 spokes on his 08 ses sedan and he had to get spacers

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I can't believe that you need spacers to run these wheels. I have the same ones and am waiting to mount them I guess I'll have to test mount them to see if I need spacers too :/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts