Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
SPIinDisguise very cool car. I thought about doing this project, but I have too many others already haha. I'm going to sell my SVTF since I don't drive it and its just takes up space in garage.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,047 Posts
Necromancing the thread I know but can you send me a pm with where I can get those parts also?
The actual parts you can get through Rebel Devil Customs. Email Mike.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Lack of parts if something breaks, ecoboost blocks are cheaper, more plentiful aftermarket parts, more tuning availability, more reliable, easy to find.

Not sure I follow , I can buy the Zetec block for 100.00 all day long and its the same as the SVT Block , I can buy any aftermarket Engine or boost part for the SVT that can be buy for the ST and to make big HP I dont have to buy a 1700.00 High Psi Fuel pump or the POS standalone 3rd Inj , Tuning you have SCT and it gets the job done dont need anything else , More reliable we will disagree on BIG TIME , Only thing special about the SVT is the head and Intake , the Zetec block , crank is the same as the SVT , IMRC is still sold and cheaper off the Contour and I could go on and on , I would Turbocharge the SVT way before I thought about a ecoboost swap

Not taking away from yours because you did a super job on your swap

Tom

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,047 Posts
Not sure I follow , I can buy the Zetec block for 100.00 all day long and its the same as the SVT Block , I can buy any aftermarket Engine or boost part for the SVT that can be buy for the ST and to make big HP I dont have to buy a 1700.00 High Psi Fuel pump or the POS standalone 3rd Inj , Tuning you have SCT and it gets the job done dont need anything else , More reliable we will disagree on BIG TIME , Only thing special about the SVT is the head and Intake , the Zetec block , crank is the same as the SVT , IMRC is still sold and cheaper off the Contour and I could go on and on , I would Turbocharge the SVT way before I thought about a ecoboost swap

Not taking away from yours because you did a super job on your swap

Tom
Thank you, respect from one to another.

The $1700 HPFP is new tech, still being feeled out. But on ST stock fuel system you can make 420whp without an issue on a big turbo. With e30 on stock turbo you can hit 320, I feel it's pretty respectable.

Blocks may be interchangeable but finding good heads is getting harder and harder for decent prices. Escapè ecoboost blocks are 300-1000 depending on what mileage you want to have, internally built, etc.

After talking with multiple tuners, they had all said that the Cobb Accesport is 5-6 years ahead in tech compared to the SCT X4. Nothing against you but you may favor sct because you don't deal with the AP3 that often? I've heard good things about the HP Tuners N Gauge also.

It could be an argument that goes both ways.

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Tuning I meant for the SVT , SCT is the only thing there is , I 100% agree Cobb and HPTuner is hands down better software for the ecoboost then SCT but neither offer anything for the SVT Focus

Tom

21 - 27 of 27 Posts