Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
::::sold::::

(Vehicle Sold)
Selling my CD Silver SVT focus to make room in the garage. The engine needs a new starter and has low compression in the first cylinder. all other major components are working fine (ac, transmission, suspension).

It has a few minor rust spots on the boot lid and passenger door. The interior is in good shape and I have all the plastic engine covers not pictured in the photos. I have the exhaust tip for the car it just is not attached currently.

THIS CAR WILL NOT DRIVE AS-IS and will need to be towed/hauled.

asking $1200 obo

i currently live in Northern Ohio.

contact me by email with questions or offers ([email protected])
Link to photos here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw0yzWsgpCcrSWx3Si1wQWRmaU0&usp=sharing

·
Registered
75 Posts
To give you an update...

Heads off the car. #1 and #4 valves werent sealing all the way. Specifically the intakes, 1 was out of tolerance for being bent. The head was also warped. .09 at the worst. We staightened fairly well though. Only have to take .05 off. The block was perfectly straight. Luckily the buddy that I came down with dad owns an engine shop and hes doing the work for parts. Should be back together on monday with a full valve job, pressure test, and shinning like new!

I was reading some of your older post(aka stalking lol). You had mentioned the dealership told you there was some kind of ignition problem, What might that have been? I probably will be firing the car later next week and would love any information.
I also am glad to know about all the other new parts. I was taking stuff off the car and just started seeing all the new parts and thinking wtf ha!

The reason it wouldnt turn over was.... Frozen ac compressor. I think there's something wrong with the clutch but I bought a new oem.

Let me know about that Ignition Problem if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts