Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy that i work with just got his civic si about a month ago. he kept saying that he'd whoop me. saying his cars got 160 at the wheels...... i told him nope! i read up on ur heap and you get 160 at the flywheel. he continued to deny my fact. then when he asked what i had power wise, i said 170 at the flywheel 140-150 at the wheels. he said "i call b/s" and i just looked like uh..... alright......

so, with a 70 bag of sand in my trunk (no lie, comes in handy when u get stuck, and i also had my spare tire) and an urge to hand my friends a$$ to him we went out for a drive 2 nights ago.

we got up to speed (i dont think youre supposed to show speed or street numbers/names) i dropped it down to 3rd, my tach went up to 5500-6000, honked 3, and we both went.

i got the jump, but when i shifted into 4th he hung with me, but when i hit redline i eased away. it was a pretty even race but i had a better top end.

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
I've stomped on those civics on the highway but from a dig they pull pretty nice. but good kill

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Russ doin work, nice story. That generation is SLOW, test drove one when looking for the SVT and was very dissapointed

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ theyre butt ugly too..... im suprised i didnt destroy him.... im not going to blame the 70lb bag of sand and the spare tire. (he had no spare tire) so i mean maybe our cars have more drivetrain loss? meh.... i drove his car after work before we raced and that shifter that pops out of the dash freaks me out.... clutch is light and the throttle heavy.... wouldnt buy one

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I would say you raced in a way that benefits him the most, given a dig race, you would have destroyed him. And some blame lies in the 110 extra lbs you had in the car (tire, sand)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Race him again without that extra weight and see how you do.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will attempt to race this guy again in the summer... before he puts boosts it....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
even the new SI's aren't that fast, i was at the strip, and i ran a 14.9 and he ran a 15.1. a really light svt w/ a good driver can beat even the newer ones!! so you should be able to kill him!!

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Been there, done that with a blue one around here. Beat him 3 times from a roll and once from a stand still. Bad thing is about 3 months afterwards he wanted to race again, so i figured why not. Well, we did another rolling start and for some reason he pulled on me harder then i had pulled on him the last time we raced. After the race, i asked him what he had done to the car since last time and denied doing anything. I called b/s since i had beaten him 4 times before and then 3 months later he hands me my ass, w/e.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts