Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my friend's Focus. She was stopped at a red light and when it turned green the car wouldn't move at all. She parked it and I came to look at it. Attached is a video of the sound it was making in Drive and Reverse. After shifting through the gears a few times it stopped making this noise but still wouldn't move at all when I gave it some gas. It is parked in a lot in the middle of the city right now and she doesn't have the money to tow it.

The Blue Book for this car is only $1200 so my advice to her was that she should just have someone pick it up and give her cash for it.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
At least bother to check the fluid level in it. If say an axle seal started to leak then the fluid goes low and car quits moving.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Never mind, that car not going anywhere, just listened to link and it is DEAD. You have major damage in there somewhere.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Whatever it is is broken, that noise is normally parts running next to each other cleanly with clearance now rubbing to tear up in short order.

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
32 Posts
Just by looking at the engine bay, I think you should let go of it. Awful noise BTW. If the body is gone, don’t spend a dime on that. Here in Canada, I haven’t seen any Focus 2005 on the road and older for a couple years already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts