Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
we have a 2004 ford focus LX 2.0L SPI with 50,000kms(31,000miles)
yesterday we were driving and the gauge cluster stopped working.
the gas gauge/speedo and water temperature all went to zero.
the rest of the cluster worked normally(all the lights/odometer/trip meter etc.)
everything else in the car also worked.when it came back there were no codes set and everything was normal for a short time again.

it did come back and work for short periods of time,but was very erratic.

i see on some uk focus forums that this was a big problem with some uk cars.
is this a big problem in north america?,there was not much info on the internet for north american models with this problem.

i did a search of the forums and came up with a tsb#18581 for erratic cluster.
vin#1FAFP33P34W198260 canadian

any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

either post to forum or email directly [email protected]
thanks in advance

ps i have tried to post twice before but got timed out.
if the previous posts show up mods feel free to delete the multiple posts.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...I don't think it's that big of a problem here in North America...sorry man, I can't help with this - no experiance.

I'm sure someone will have some worth while advice on how to get your fofo fixed!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I pulled up your warranty repair history, TSB, and OASIS on your car and there's nothing in regard to this concern,
I did however see that there's an ESP plan with a $100 deductable so as long as you're Edward Langille you can just take it to the dealer. It doesn't expire until 2011.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled up your warranty repair history, TSB, and OASIS on your car and there's nothing in regard to this concern,
I did however see that there's an ESP plan with a $100 deductable so as long as you're Edward Langille you can just take it to the dealer. It doesn't expire until 2011.
hi

is there anyway we can transfer this warranty?is it even transferrable to another owner?
can you tell if he was the last owner and if he lived in beaverbank,nova-scotia.
thanks,jeff

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i had that happen on my crown victoria. the cluster had to be replaced. if there is no software update/flash, my guess is replacement.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You would have to call the finance department at the Ford dealer (they usually handle the ESP's) and there may be some kind of transfer fee but I would still call and ask. Or just play like you're him.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cluster needs to be cleaned. The connector switch is dirty or loose. Take it off and give it a good clean. Do a search... there were threads about this problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi
can you tell me what version of the warranty is on the car?
basic or premium?
also what repairs have been done and if there are any outstanding recalls?
i see three levels of esp warranty on the ford site.
we are in the process of getting it transferred.
thanks,jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts