58 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Little bit of a clearance issues with the large final drive gear

Required a little machining on the mill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Finally done with the transmission!! My KAAZ Gear Oil trophy can, lol. It was a bit of a challenge but worth it for the learning experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm interested in where you're going to put your spares with the fuel tank back there… looks like a pretty massive hole.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The fuel cell will sit down lower and be boxed in with a remote fill from the side of the car. It will have a new "floor" which will be removable for servicing of the fuel cell and the spares and other kit will sit on the new floor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Accomplished a few more things today. Made a custom fuel rail... (those are test injectors, lol)

and cleaned up and test fit the SVT exhaust manifold... work continues...

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Just a tip... SVT manifold is gonna be hard to work around for a skid plate. Talked to Doug davenport about doing my plates and he highly suggested using a different mani

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just a tip... SVT manifold is gonna be hard to work around for a skid plate. Talked to Doug davenport about doing my plates and he highly suggested using a different mani
I am switching out the exhaust side flange with a 2.5" V-Band. The V-Band is only about a 1/4 inch lower than the oil pan. I cant imagine being a clearance issue on the bottom for a skid plate. So far all my research says that nothing flows better than the SVT manifold, so I will make it work. Stay tuned to the thread I guess for updates... [popcorn][hihi]

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Flow is great :) it's not just clearance thought with the focus the skid plate bolts to the frame behind the radiator and If I'm not
Mistaken, the SVT kicks forward before turning back

·
Registered
357 Posts
It looks like thus far just about everyone is vicariously living their rally build dreams through this thread.. Including me!! You're doing an awesome job keeping us all updated and an even better job with the design. Keep the updates coming!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
It looks like thus far just about everyone is vicariously living their rally build dreams through this thread.. Including me!! You're doing an awesome job keeping us all updated and an even better job with the design. Keep the updates coming!!
Thanks SmallBlock, it has been fun and quite the journey. Looking forward to starting it up soon.

Assembling the engine and transmission. Exedy Hyper Single Clutch. Was planning on the twin-disc Clutch Master but received so much conflicting info on fitment and suitability (even from Clutch Master themselves) I really did not want to take a gamble.

Engine and Transmission together

Yeah, in the damn car already

Exhaust Manifold and Accusump fitment

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
SmallBlock said it - lotta work therre, good to see the drivetrain going in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This build is looking great! Gives me the zx3 itch. Look forward to seeing more progress and the completion of the build. One of the best documented builds I have ever seen! Great work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Just a quick update as I have been a little quiet as of late. Build is going along. Have been doing plenty of wiring and finally got my ECU delivered from AEM to wire up. I expect to be starting it up in about three weeks or so. I need to finish up the cooling and fueling and that is about it. More pics coming soon. Thanks for all the interest.

Eric

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, this build is amazing. That engine bay is pretty and clean... but I'm sure it will get dirty soon :)

Are you still planning to do NEFR? I'm considering making a trip up there to spectate and maybe volunteer; it would be awesome to see your car out there.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts