Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Pretty much have the bottom end assembled and ready. Not a fan of the plastic oil pickup but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If you do use ARP Main Studs you will need to machine out some of the baffling in the windage tray to clear the studs.

Getting there...

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Like seeing the piece by piece - Clean!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Put the Massive Speed Ported SVT Head on today. ARP Head Studs.. not visible.

Adjustable Cam Gears with VVT Delete

Cams with VVT delete being degreed. The VVT delete is 30 degrees retarded in the normal timing position so it must be adjusted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What kind of clutch are you running? i'm also building a rally car out of my 245K mi 03 svt zx5 but i'm starting from the bottom and adding parts as iI compete more and more. i just got the eibach pro system plus suspension kit earlier last week to put on. i'm trying to see what clutch will be better to run. i'm planning on making 300-400whp sometime next year and hopefully have it ready before sno drift here in michigan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
What kind of clutch are you running? i'm also building a rally car out of my 245K mi 03 svt zx5 but i'm starting from the bottom and adding parts as iI compete more and more. i just got the eibach pro system plus suspension kit earlier last week to put on. i'm trying to see what clutch will be better to run. i'm planning on making 300-400whp sometime next year and hopefully have it ready before sno drift here in michigan.
Are you running the 6-speed or 5-speed transmission? I will be running the 5-Speed MTX-75 with a Clutch Master Twin Disc Clutch. This car is NA so it will not be putting down huge HP or TQ. In rally with a FWD car you tend to be more traction limited than HP limited. The Twin Disc Clutch in my case is being selected for the ability to rebuild it, and the ability to withstand launches and hard shifting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I am not aware of anyone that manufacturers final drive(s) for the 6-speed Getrag. As to a clutch for one, there are not too many options for your HP/TQ goal. If the car is going to be a pure race/rally car then look into the Clutch Master FX500 4-Puck Clutch. If you're trying to keep it streetable then perhaps a Clutch Master FX350.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So are you building this car to compete in the White Mountain Rally?
I think White Mountain is motorcycle's only. This will be the first national event that I will run:

New England Forest Rally (NEFR)
http://www.newenglandforestrally.com/

I plan on spending the next month finishing off the car and then two months of rally cross, testing, etc. before NEFR

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Hey man pm me your Facebook. I'm doing a focus rally build and could

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Use some insight lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
This build is so inspirational for me. Can't wait to keep tearing into my little ZX3 for this season's rallycross events. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
66 Posts
just curious but what is your wheel/tire setup? i'm gonna be running the factory eap wheels with blizzaks for now and then grab some 15x7 rally wheels later on this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
where can i get the final drive and i thought about grabbing a qualife LSD sometime in may
If you take your car and switch it over to the mtx75 and and add just a lsd and a steeper final drive your car will keep up with the duratecs and probably with a little bit more time in the engine beat them… and then keep up with an r2

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't do Facebook but feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!
Hey man pm me your Facebook. I'm doing a focus rally build and could
For rally Facebook is the way to go it's just a little bit more personal than the forums and you can respond quicker and easier, plus every one in rally wants to message you!

61 - 80 of 134 Posts