Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm on a budget, and I've got 3 options for my exhaust. I was wondering about my first 2 options:eek:n a duratec on a 2004 ZTW, which sounds better: the classic lunch box (resonator) delete, or the mid-pipe muffler delete?

I also have a 3rd option. I have an N1 muffler with removable silencer. How would I set that up on the Focus exhaust for the least ricey, yet rich and loud-ish sound?

Looking for the best sounding option of these 3.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance, where you'll find the most exh. discussions for your model.

Lunchbox delete is the most common one, Ford did it stock on the ST.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Lunchbox delete is the most common one, Ford did it stock on the ST.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Love the sound of my ST, you'll love it with the lunch box removed

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Also note that the mid-pipe thingy is not a muffler, but an unmetered catalytic converter. I was able to remove mine in an emissions-checking state, but they didn't look too closely.

The more you know... ;)

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also note that the mid-pipe thingy is not a muffler, but an unmetered catalytic converter. I was able to remove mine in an emissions-checking state, but they didn't look too closely.

The more you know... ;)
I miss spoke. I meant the muffler not the cat. Lord knows I'd never remove that lol.

Also, just asking, do you guys think the res delete has better tone?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I miss spoke. I meant the muffler not the cat. Lord knows I'd never remove that lol.

Also, just asking, do you guys think the res delete has better tone?
Yea, the lunch box delete has a great tone= none on the '05-'07 st's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts