·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think? I'm looking at a Focus and have the following options:

2004 5-door, red, hatchback SVT with 39K miles for $12,500

or

New 2007 ST for $14,500

I'm leaning toward the SVT. The 5-door is rare, plus the six speed trans and other SVT goodies.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The 5dr by that year isn't really that rare. on the other hand, by 04 ford had pretty much all the bugs worked out of the SVT and it's a really reliable car, from what I hear. Also, it's one of the heaviest SVT's made, depending on options.

The ST cdans are pretty nice though. I've actually pondered trading my 02 SVT for one. Plus, the 07 is going to have factory warranty. If your were to put the SAP trim on the 07 and some nice wheels, you'd have a really sweet looking car too.

Some would say this situation is too close to call....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. Too close to call. The factory warranty is definitely a plus. I haven't driven either yet. My guess is that you would have to give the SVT the nod - but, just a guess.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I just took the SVT for a test drive. SVT all the way! It has leather Recaro seats, HIDs, Moonroof, Audiofile sound system. It's the shiznit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used to have an '05 ST and it was a great driving car. But gee was it boring looking. And it will never handle like an SVT. If you don't get the Sony sound system, it will sound terible as well. The cheapness in the car is very evident. (ST)

·
Registered
332 Posts
another svt vs. st thread..... its all good......if you can just test drive them....you will like the svts style and features....and you will like the STs torque......svt is a little better as is..... ST has better upgrade potential....handling is great with the svt...unless you have the 05 ST, the suspension is very similar i think there a difference with the front strut and spring rate.....throw some springs on that bitch....both great cars

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured that the torque would be better on the ST, but after sitting in the SVT I'm sold on the better interior. The seats are awesome, and I dig the 6-speed transmission.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update. Getting the SVT for 12,250 with a second set of wheels and brand new Blizzak snow tires.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
You'll get a whole lot more car out of the SVT than the ST...especially if its an EAP with the Recaro seats and HIDs. The HIDs alone would make the decision for me...once you have a car equipped with xenon lights you don't want to go back to halogen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The street appearance package is TOO fast, TOO furious for me. Some like it, but to me it looks like a JC Whitney spending spree gone wrong.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^wow really thats the first time ive heard anyone not liking the kit, its a great kit it is!

svt is a better car but the st can be made better, its up to you both awesome cars

·
Registered
253 Posts
^wow really thats the first time ive heard anyone not liking the kit, its a great kit it is!

svt is a better car but the st can be made better, its up to you both awesome cars

You MUST be kidding me right? That kit looks like a 17 year olds face that had been compressed so much that every Zit exploded with a deluge of pus dripping into the floor.

All together now... EWWWWWWW

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL. To each his own I guess.

The ST has a lot of aftermarket potential. Out of the box, however, the SVT works well as my daily driver. I'm thinking of a tune, CAI, and maybe exhaust, but not much else.

Thanks for all the input!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts