Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. So I got inspired to tell about my ZTW.

Back in either '06 or '07 (don't remember which) my parents owned my dad's ancient relic, an early 90s (I wanna say 92-93) Plymouth Voyager minivan, and my mom had a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, which we had since like '02. The Voyager was dying, and my mom wanted the new car, which she really preferred to be a Subaru wagon. We looked, and the cheaper alternative was a used 2004 Ford Focus ZTW wagon. This was the best deal at just over $10k, so we made the purchase. My mom drove this for YEARS. One day before football 3 years ago, the Grand Caravan blew a tire at 40 mph and snapped the tie rod and sway bar. We kept it around for my first car, while my dad bought a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (great vehicle). Last year in 2013, I got my drivers license (woot woot!). After 2 months of waiting for it to be fixed, the Grand Caravan was mine. Wee, big deal lol. Not much for a car, but it was reliable as hell. Anyways, being a novice driver and having very little winter driving experience, I crashed the Dodge into the concrete wall of a bridge 2 weeks after getting it :(. Rookie mistake: speeding a little and it was winter..duh.

Anyways, with that out of commish, I drove the Jeep while my dad got my uncles crappy Ford Escape. Finally, we found a new vehicle so that my mom could have a nice car. We bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain. I got the Focus, and the modding began!

I don't have a photo of when I first got it, but I kinda sorta also put the Focus in a ditch (it was a bad year for me). Completely tore up the front bumper.

But I got an aftermarket one for $80. Primed and ready to paint!

Then, I put LED accents under the headlights.

(Not in picture) I then bought some Kicker speakers (300 watt max)

I plasti dipped the rims, looks awesome IMO!

I did the Lunchbox delete...kinda sorta had to rig that with tin lol

Moved it a little tonight.

And a Foose license holder, Ford decal, etc...

Stock interior but planning changes (SVT gauge panel etc.).

Hope you enjoy and hope the story wasn't too long!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She's got a little over 114,000 miles. And I don't know why I picked the name Tasha...it just felt...right...lmao

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Cool 23 powered wgn. I'd do a bsd plug= makes the motor more responsive & deletes static & rotational weight. 6qtrs/filter, oil pan sealant & a bsd plug + 2-3hrs of your saturday morning.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool 23 powered wgn. I'd do a bsd plug= makes the motor more responsive & deletes static & rotational weight. 6qtrs/filter, oil pan sealant & a bsd plug + 2-3hrs of your saturday morning.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll put it on my to-do list.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Rice man made a thread[grinking] Looks like you are off to a good start

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rice man made a thread[grinking] Looks like you are off to a good start
Yesssir, this is the tale of me getting my rice on lol! Yeah its a pretty good start. Like I said, SVT tach cluster in the future, new HU cuz the Blaupunkt isn't as nice as I want with the Kicker speakers, way in the future is a stage 1 and 2 turbo kit and 2.5" magnaflow exhaust or something similar.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Make sure you get an HU that has an aux or USB port!

Go big or go home.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
If I had to buy another. It would need to have Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I also want a Bluetooth unit but don't want to spend the money and I hate the look of aftermarket decks. I'm horribly sick of flipping through radio stations though

·
Registered
577 Posts
If I had to buy another. It would need to have Bluetooth.
I also want a Bluetooth unit but don't want to spend the money and I hate the look of aftermarket decks. I'm horribly sick of flipping through radio stations though
I have to agree. Bluetooth is almost a must in today's market. Very convenient.

To the OP. You're at a good starting point. The d23 is a strong motor. Curious to see where you take this!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
SVT tach cluster is a PITA, you need a transformer for the EL back lighting. Reg. tach cluster is easier, you might find different faces still avail. if you look.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SVT tach cluster is a PITA, you need a transformer for the EL back lighting. Reg. tach cluster is easier, you might find different faces still avail. if you look.
Yeah I will prob go with the tach cluster. The place that specializes in Foci near me most likely has some varieties of faces. I wouldn't be surprised

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To the OP. You're at a good starting point. The d23 is a strong motor. Curious to see where you take this!
Thanks man! I had no idea how good this car was until I joined FF lol. Mods for the future include new rack & pinion (my current one isn't good), lower springs, sway bars, new tires are in the very, very, very near future (my current ones need to be aired every 5 days 0___0), new wheels, painting that front bumper, new headlights (possibly halos), and lastly a stage 1 and 2 turbo kit. I don't just want to get a better car, I want to build this one up myself so that I have pride in it.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
Looks good! At first, I thought you dipped the front bumper.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
I'd need wiring practice before I undertake a big job.

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts