Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new here.... I recently bought a second hand ford focus 1.6 zetec 04 5door model, love it.

only some issues have made me sign up here to ask anyone who mite know a bit more than me about this car, i don't know a great deal....

Anyway, the cars done over 100k miles when i got it, had a new cam belt,clutch oilchange etc before it was sold to me, so running quite alright.

Theres just some lil bits that are bugging me, first off, when I start her up, for at least a minute she is revving quite high, really loud, after a minute or so the revs cut and she runs quietly, why is this? I was told by my granddad its just the engine finding a tempature, is this true? seems kind of odd....

also during gearchanges , when the clutch goes down the revs increase aswell, it makes it sound like i've got really bad gearchanges but honestly i am timing my gear changes perfect but the revs increase without any acceleration, what could this be? :S

also when accelerating in 3rd/4th there is a squeeking noise for a few seconds..... doesn't do it in lower gears... what could this be any ideas?

Thanks guys! :) <3

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My car does the same thing. It only happens when the car is cold and the engine is trying to warm up or when I have run the radio or another accessory without the engine running and the alternator is trying to recharge the battery. I could be wrong but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts