Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's a way to have the stereo save the song position after power off in MP3 mode? It works fine in CD mode, but I suspect Blaupunkt didn't include a driver that let the unit remember what byte it was currently at in a given song. It's a long shot, but I can but ask. Also, any other general audio tips for this system would be appreciated. Thanks[:)]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
That would be nice. I miss that from my old Kenwood deck. Plus, they really need to fix the random function!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes a bit long to seek in MP3 mode also, if you ask me.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The traffic announcement has never worked... or... maybe there are just none in my area using this feature. SHARX seems cool (if I'm getting the name right... the thing that filters out static on poor receptions).

I really like this deck actually, but I'm not a car audio nut.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question: Is there any way to get the unit to scroll the track name in MP3 mode?? Thankfully, I can make out enough of the track/album name to use it, but it'd be nice if it scrolled.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My Blaupunkt Focus MP3 does pick up at almost the same spot in MP3 mode. It goes back about 5 tracks though. Just skip ahead and there you were!

If your MP3 track info doesn't display correctly, the ID3 tags weren't entered before the disk was burned.

The head unit reads the MP3 tracks ID3 tag (Artist/Title) if available or just displays the file name and track number.
Unless the tags are very long, they should read just fine.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DidHeFocus? said:
My Blaupunkt Focus MP3 does pick up at almost the same spot in MP3 mode. It goes back about 5 tracks though. Just skip ahead and there you were!

The unit will start at the beginning of the track you were last listening to, not the exact min/sec. of the track, like it does in CD mode.

If your MP3 track info doesn't display correctly, the ID3 tags weren't entered before the disk was burned.
The ID3 tags display correctly, but the filenames on some of the songs don't fit on the screen. The unit should scroll the track/album name if it's longer than the screen.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The Blau Ford MP3 head unit is a very nice stock unit. It has its quirks and annoyances but I have come to terms with them.

I have gone through all of the menu items but found no controls for scrolling or shuffle functions.

The unit is fairly new so there have been no hidden menus discovered yet as far as I know.

I think the sound quality is first rate, but the standard speakers don't do it justice. It also is the best stock radio I have ever experienced in my 3 decades of driving.

I am just happy it plays MP3 files at all, whether I can read the whole song title or not.

BTW: My first couple of home DVD/CD/MP3 players didn't even have a shuffle function for MP3 playback!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DidHeFocus: I agree, the Blaupunkt unit is amazing, and I'm with you on the sound quality - it's top-shelf. But it would be *that* much better if I could sort out those last two idiosyncrasies. It turns out there are several MP3 players on the market that don't save power-off song position, finding that out made me feel better. As far as the scrolling thing, oh well! It's great having just 2 or 3 cds total in the car, as opposed to lugging around my 10-disc cd wallet, which doesn't fit the Focus visor anyways!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts