Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the right front CV axle replaced, my ABS light came on. I noticed the plug was dangling under the
car. Brought the vehicle back and I thought the sensor connection was fixed. ABS light reappeared yesterday (after
three months) and inspection seemed to reveal that the original fix just involved taping the connector back together (?)
Parked the car for a few hours, and when leaving, the light was briefly on and then shut off the rest of the 25 mile return
trip. Any suggestions / ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,636 Posts
Thanks. Having no mechanical ability, how difficult is this to do?
Very easy. Take off the wheel. The sensor is on top of the spindle behind the brake rotor and has a small bolt that holds it on. Remove bolt and the sensor slides straight up. If you are in the rust belt spray some pb blaster on it and let it soak. You can usually pull it out with some needle nose pliers. The wiring connector is at the top of the fender well. Press down on the little tab and separate. On installation, if you used pb blaster use spray brake parts cleaner to remove the oil. Slide sensor in. Install bolt and tighten. Small bolt so don't overtighten. Frankly, the shop that did the CV axle is responsible for the damage to the sensor and they should replace it free of charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts