·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You'll have to run the wires from the switch, through the rubber boot, and into the doors.

Next, realize that not every vehicle's light switch just has traditional 12V that runs through it. Some rest at 12V and then flip to ground when you turn them on. Some have a multiplex circuit that uses one wire and reads a specific resistance to ground for each function (off, parking lights, head lights). Some are completely controlled through CANBUS data. On your trim of the 2003 Focus, I'm not sure. Point being, you need to meter out the wires to ensure they're going to work for your purpose.

Lastly, I'm not sure you'll even be able to see the lights through the door panel. You're probably imagining a bright blue aura coming through that factory grill, but it's just not going to be like that. While I haven't installed those exact speakers, I've installed plenty the light up. It's a waste of time for speakers that are going to have a factory grill over them. Custom speaker mounts? Sure. Rear deck lid speakers? Sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts