Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the "REDLINE/Fuel cut-off" is on the 2.3L PZEV motors? I'm planning a trip to a local drag strip this Wednesday night with my friends new 2003 ZTS therefore the info would help me out alot. The Focus is bone stock. I posted the same question in the Racing & Autocross section although nobody has responded which is why I'm posting the same question here(PZEV Performance Chat). Thanks in advance.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Around 6300-6500. I can't remember, but fuel cutoff sucks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dear 03 ZTS,

Ford claims the engine is redlined at 7,000 rpm. I was disappointed when I could not get it to shift at over 6400 rpm with my 2.3L ZTS Auto. I suspect the rev-limiter is set between 6250 and 6400rpm.

Regards,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not a clue as to what the redline is, but my lady friend decided she'd take it to 5700rpm on her second time driving it. (note: this was not on purpose)

Personally, I never take it above 4500. It's an American engine, for f**k's sake!

Good luck at the strip.

Haven't lost a green-light run yet, here in Fresno.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry dont wanna jack the thread.
But,
American four cylinder engine buddy, you might not be able to rev a 1960's / 70'2 muscle car up to 6 grand but this is a modern 4 banger, shoot the 4.6 needs to be rev'd up to make any power also.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I forget which model it was, but there was a special Camero in the late 60s/early 70s that would rev to 9000.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i mostly dont rev past 4.5 but i believe i've red lined at 6 befor might have been 7 im still babying my car only 1510 miles [:D]

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Considering the stock engine doesn't reach peak power until I believe 5825 rpm, I .think it would be a good idea to go past 4500 if you want to move at a decent rate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
fuel cut-off is at 6800 but if you're planning to get power, i normally shift at 6200-6500, you start losing power after 64 or so... this is true to my knowlege if your car is stock.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My ZX3 stops pulling at like 5900 rpm, you can actually feel it like just float and stop, must be the fuel cut off kicking in, I never see much power above 5000 anyways

1 - 13 of 13 Posts