Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 zetec engine with an obx system all the way back and an underdrive pulley. For a while I was having the EGR code coming up, even after replacing the sensor, so I reworked all of the hoses cand found a cracked hose. problem solved for awhile but now after the engine warms up it starts pulsating.... it's driving my crazy!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
what do u mean by pulsating?

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i think he means that it is lobeing weird like not a good spark. i know the stock wires suck and i am getting new ones i think it will solve my problems and his

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine will lob from 700 to 1500 rpm like someone is rev'ing up the engine. I think the problem may lie within the intake system!

Also the previous owner has installed an obx "fart can" on the back. My exhaust is so loud I can't hear myself think. Can I cut that thing off and put just a normal tip/resonator on there that will cut down on the noise

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
try cleaning ur MAF, or check ur voltages.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
TPS can cause the engine to "rev" up and down. that might be your prob.

also, i would reccoment disableing the egr if you can get away with it

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
^^^Thats why i said check ur voltages.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally had a day off...changed the plugs and wires with bosch equipment. Now only pulsates every once in awhile, but for the most part running great. I am going to clean the maf sensor and the throttle body on Saturday. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man is this car running great, I ended up changing out the pvc line and cleaning everything. I am now running like a new car! Thanks for all of your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts