Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this silver 2003 ford focus svt 5dr with red/black interior.the guy I bought it from told me it had a knock from the engine so I bought it knowing it would need repair. I am a mechanic so no big deal for me. The following week had the engine out and at the machine shop. previous owner spun cylinder 4 rod bearing. machine shop told me rod is no good, crankshaft is no good. will need 4 oversized pistons. 1 bent exhaust valve. so starting this build thread to keep anyone interested up to date on my build. never owned a focus before and after several Honda's and some research decided this would be my best fit and cant wait to drive it after motor is done. ordered crankshaft this morning. ron at Purvis ford hooked me up and crankshaft only cost me 277.00. plan on ordering eagle h rods tomorrow after sweet talking the wife.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
hell yeah! looking forward to keeping up with this.

Reactions: DeathClutchMK1

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Subbed

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Nice!

I'm pretty sure you'll love that SVT after you drive it lol and then let your wife drive it too. My wife fell in love with my red SVT. Then I bought her an ST and now I have free reign to buy whatever I want...HA! [thankyou]

Check my album. I have pics of my ZX5 in there. Weather's getting nice enough now I'll be getting it out of storage soon.

[cheers]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well havnt had time to do much with the car, but want to keep u guys updated and not waiting long periods of time between posts. so still waiting for parts just ordered clevite 77 main and rod bearings. the hx series. also I did paint a few pieces today. the header got the heat shield studs removed and a thin coat of paint due to its gonna get wrapped and not gonna waste a bunch of paint on it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ron at Purvis ford hooked me up and crankshaft only cost me 277.00. plan on ordering eagle h rods tomorrow after sweet talking the wife.

Go to it you silver tonged devil. And, GL w/ the build. Can't wait for the results...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SO AFTER MACHINE SHOP HAD MY HEAD AND BLOCK FOR 3 WEEKS AND CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THEY CANT BUILD THE BLOCK. SO I PAID MY BILL GOT MY STUFF BACK. THEY DID FINISH THE HEAD SO IM GOOD THERE. BOUGHT ANOTHER SHORT BLOCK IN REALLY GOOD CONDITION THAT IM GOING TO REBUILD MY-SELF. ALREADY STRIPPED IT HONED THE CYLINDERS AND RE-RING KIT IS ON THE WAY. MY OTHER MOTOR THEY BORED OVER WITH OUT EVEN HAVING THE PISTONS SO. WILL SET IT ASIDE FOR NOW. THERE IS A 2 MILE ROAD COURSE NEAR MY HOUSE SO WILL BUILD THAT TO RUN THERE .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry for the delay. finished re-building the other motor I bought. got it all back in the car and is running great have about 400 miles on it so far. keeps setting check engine light for p1383 (cmp) timing over retarded. from what I have found I need to re-time the engine. other then that it runs great. so far car is everything I hoped it would be had the windshield replaced and going to start fixing stuff that previous owners rigged and chopped up. will be posting pics as I get more time.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Back running & you survived the Machine Shop fiasco.

Good to see that!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm over by spotsy courthouse off 208. your right I havnt seen any except I did see a red one parked in the funland parking lot sunday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts