Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first svt product, a yellow euro package svt. 83k miles. Any recommendations as first to do, maintenance wise? No leaks or anything I've found so far.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Besides the timing belt (have to do this) pretty much basic stuff that you would do to any car for a tune up. Plugs, wires, oil, fuel filter, etc. Share us some pics, I'm already jealous of your Recaros.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power steering is low, svt manual says meecon atf. I only see dex/merc and mercon v. Any suggestions? Pics will be up tomorrow morning.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
There is a cooling fan resistor that can be an issue too. Mine was bad. Can cause the engine to overheat in traffic if not caught early enough.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Power steering is low, svt manual says meecon atf. I only see dex/merc and mercon v. Any suggestions? Pics will be up tomorrow morning.
Get the one that says it is for Ford vehicles. Dex/Merc I believe, but not 100 percent on that

·
Registered
472 Posts
Post up some pics…it's always good to see another Screaming Yellow SVT…

Check that timing belt… make sure it's done right. These are great little cars to have as a DD, I'm certain you'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get the one that says it is for Ford vehicles. Dex/Merc I believe, but not 100 percent on that
Thanks. I found one that said mercon. I bought that. Pictures will be coming soon. It's been raining here lately and I want to clean her up a little before I take the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts