Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is more then appreciated.

The front blinkers don't work. The rear ones do. The Day time running lights do work. Its just when I turn on my blinkers the lights don't do anything. Its just the fast blinking pace like if you have a bad light bulb. The hazards are the same way. No blinking on the front. Both bulbs are good. as obviously they both light up to me turning on the light switch. Just I have no clue why they wouldn't work if the regular lights do work. I did check one fuse, but I don't know what fuses to check exactly. But I don't think this could be a fuse problem. Sounds like a wiring problem. I just have no clue.

Please and thank you to who ever can help me. Even if you cant, thanks for trying.

////Also both bulbs are 3057E3, idk if that makes a difference. They call for 3157LL but I was told they both will work. Just the 3157's are brighter

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Sounds like the bulbs are bad to me.
Just because the parking lights illuminate does not mean the blinkers will.

The blinkers use the other filament, which is brighter/draws more current.
Just buy a pair of new bulbs and test them. You're out nothing because you'll need them eventually.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the bulbs are bad to me.
Just because the parking lights illuminate does not mean the blinkers will.

The blinkers use the other filament, which is brighter/draws more current.
Just buy a pair of new bulbs and test them. You're out nothing because you'll need them eventually.
Alright thank you. I will buy new bulbs. Do you have any idea what else it might be if the bulbs dont fix this problem?

Edit: Also wanted to say, so even if the day time running lights do work. The blinkers wont? How does that make it a bulb problem? If they both still light up? And what are the chances of them both being bad like this?

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Like the guy just struck by lightning asking what the odds are of being struck by lightning.

Lots of things going on there and more than one wiring circuit. The blinkers have nothing to do with running lights. May be a bulb problem or not but the suggestion was much cheaper than say yanking all the wiring out of the car. Be careful what you ask for, you may get it, not always the best thing in the end. You have not taken the wiring 101 course and it will be easy to lose you in that condition. Blinkers are tied to turn signal circuit which can cover 50 wires now. Can be sockets themselves and after that power to sockets and if none the true fun begins. Always best to start with the simple things. I would use the correct bulbs, blinkers work based on load and incorrect bulb brightness changes that load to possibly not blink. One should ALWAYS use the correct bulb in blinker positions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me also mention. The sockets dont get a signal to blink. There is no power being sent to them when the hazards nor the turn signal switch is engaged

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
And you know that how?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I really doubt a DVM would register the signal. You need an analog unit to test pulsed signals.

Also, why did you wait 2 weeks to tell us that you've done some testing?
Yet you only checked 1 fuse ... just sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really doubt a DVM would register the signal. You need an analog unit to test pulsed signals.

Also, why did you wait 2 weeks to tell us that you've done some testing?
Yet you only checked 1 fuse ... just sounds fishy to me.
This post is two weeks old. And didn't think anyone would message as clearly no one did. Till obviously you which I do appreciate. I have another post on here showing how many problems this car does have. Either way, I am getting new bulbs tomorrow morning. So I will respond back if that worked or not. I hear some people talking about the hazard switch or something else being faulty. But I don't know. I have been driving my car without my front grille blinkers for awhile now. Cause not many have answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts