Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son's SVT would not start, then became Flooded. Unknowingly, tried to start & had a Huge Backfire blowing apart the Intake Manifold. In process of Repair now, found a Used Intake, however - 2/4 Intake Runners are covered with Excessive engine heat Baked-On Carbon!! Attempting to clean, spoke to Ford Dealers & Ford 'Tech Support' for help determining Intake Plastic Material. No Luck. I purchased a can of CRC Citrus Degreaser & it states NOT to Use on ABS, Lexan & Noryl Plastic. Other CRC Cleaners are Not designed for Plastic. Please Help.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
My Son's SVT would not start, then became Flooded. Unknowingly, tried to start & had a Huge Backfire blowing apart the Intake Manifold. In process of Repair now, found a Used Intake, however - 2/4 Intake Runners are covered with Excessive engine heat Baked-On Carbon!! Attempting to clean, spoke to Ford Dealers & Ford 'Tech Support' for help determining Intake Plastic Material. No Luck. I purchased a can of CRC Citrus Degreaser & it states NOT to Use on ABS, Lexan & Noryl Plastic. Other CRC Cleaners are Not designed for Plastic. Please Help.
Thanks!!
Have you looked into Gunk Brand Carb-Cleaner Spray?

I had a similar situation but on the Ford 4.0L lower & upper plastic manifolds.

I used the following combination:
Carb-Cleaner Spray and wiping down with old towel.
Then used good ol' gasoline soaked rag wiping the accessible areas out.
Finally back to the carb-cleaner spray.

I then soaked the plastic pieces in dish-soap for a couple of hours with typical rinse & air-dried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts