Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 SVT will stall while going at all speeds. Took it to the dealer and they cleaned up the 02 sensor worked good for a while and they recommended an engine flush. Did not have the engine flush done. Has anyone heard of this problem?

Thanks for your response
Paul63

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Never really heard of them stalling at all speeds. Does it start back up right after? I see your in AZ. Check the regional forums. There are quite a few members in your area. maybe you could show one of them in person and they could hook you up.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
How many miles do you have on the car????

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I had a similar problem in my old zetec'd Focus where it would stall at low speeds, like under 30mph, and once I changed the spark plug wires it went away. May not be the same problem, but that's what happened with me.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
it could be the fuel filter if it's a lot of miles...or plugs...or others but I'd check those first.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 03 would stall when slowing down and going around a turn. It completely shut-off on me once on the highway coming to a stop in heavy traffic. I had it into the dealer several times and they did everything from perform all the TSB's on it, reflash PCM, replace PCM, ect. Anyway, after the last time I got it out of the shop just before the warranty was up, it ran without problems for a few months and just before I traded it in on my 05 SRT-4, it started occassionally stalling. If its under warranty, have Ford fix it. Even though it seemed like I had quite a few problems with my old 03SVTF, I do miss that car. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
it could be the fuel filter if it's a lot of miles...or plugs...or others but I'd check those first.
The dealer tried to use the fuel pump/filter one on me and it wasn't it. Might be in your case though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
so, if you let out the gas at 60mph, it just dies? do you have a PCM upgrade (Tune) if so, it might be a combo with a bad TPS and tune. an agressive tune will react as such with a bad TPS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts