Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 125k on my 2003 Euro SVT Focus. Looking for replacement shocks/struts. If the fronts come with springs already assembled that would be great. I'm seeing a bunch of options but don't want to get a kit that's made for the regular zx3 focus. Not looking to spend tons of money. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Was going to recommend the kit I got off of Amazon until I looked at Magus's link... Mine did not come with strut mounts or the top spring seat, which means I had to disassemble the old strut and assemble the new one. And of course it's the same price haha... Idk how I missed that kit when I was looking around.

I'd also get sway bar links for the rear and stabilizer bar links for the front while you're already in there. And a heads up, the rear suspension is a complete pain in the you know what. If you would like to know my way that took me 10 minutes to take the old spring out and put the new one in just ask(first side took me 3 hours of fighting till I figured out this way).

The proper way to do it is to put a jack under the lower control arm, then take the bolt out of the spindle and lower it, but it'll most likely be frozen in there(like mine). I wouldn't take the risk of breaking the head out of that bolt, then having to try to get it out and buying new control arms also.

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00387ZP6G?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C5449G?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20 (you would need one for each side)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The rear seems to be sitting way higher than was before. Can anyone take measurements to the bottom of the fender and let me know how high theirs sits? Mine is sitting at just under 28" on both sides in rear with the new parts. I did not think to measure before as I didn't think there would be an issue. The front's I have not done yet and they are at 25".

Would like to know how others are sitting on OEM suspension. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Takes time for new suspension to sit properly.
Yes I understand....I have changed suspension on my mustangs before and they sometimes to settle a quarter inch or so. Seems like these springs are regular zx3...Trying to see if Ford messed up in the package. Can you measure yours if its factory?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's dark out - by feel I got about 25 1/2" - 26" on the Sedan (with SVT suspension). Didn't have the ppwk. from original swap measurements handy.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Photo bucket no longer let's you link photos...

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
They no longer allow for you to 3rd party link or use BB codes. You have to go to photobucket directly to view unless you pay a $300 something yearly membership.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts