Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone fill me in on the challenges a SVTf owner will face when installing a head unit?

Will I retain my stock amp / sub woofer function?

I want to upgrade my head unit, though I have heard that cars with stock amp'ed set ups often have issues.

Anything else I should know?

Please fill me in on this, thanks!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't really know because my svt did not come with a subwoofer so I didn't have to worry about wiring it up in any special way.

However, I would say you are right. Hook the head unit in however you want to by either wiring it in or using a wiring harness, and than use the link above for hooking the sub and amp up. When I hooked my head unit in, I just wired it without bothering with a wiring harness, but you can't return your head unit to a store once the wires are cut so some would recommend the wiring harness. You can probably get more help from someone who has actually done this kind of mod if you run into problems or have more questions. Good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't really know because my svt did not come with a subwoofer so I didn't have to worry about wiring it up in any special way.

However, I would say you are right. Hook the head unit in however you want to by either wiring it in or using a wiring harness, and than use the link above for hooking the sub and amp up. When I hooked my head unit in, I just wired it without bothering with a wiring harness, but you can't return your head unit to a store once the wires are cut so some would recommend the wiring harness. You can probably get more help from someone who has actually done this kind of mod if you run into problems or have more questions. Good luck.
Thanks. So, can anyone elaborate? Also would Best Buy carry the proper harness for the SVT?

(EDIT)

Also, this is the head unit I am looking to buy: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P...TF8&coliid=I3U1BAQFF9UOYR&colid=20CFRQ32Z6T5D

In running Amazon's "will it fit", it is telling me it wont fit 2003 Focus. How could this be?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
It looks like a nice unit but it probably is to large for a first gen Focus. You are guaranteed to have a fit if you stick with a single din head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts