Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how I find which ECU code my focus has. Is there a VIN ID site out that that will tell me? Thanks!

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
it says on it , its to the side behind the glove box

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
You need to open the glove box, squeeze in the sides to open it all the way. Just be sure you empty the glove box before doing this or everything will get dumped on the floorboard. If you take a flashlight, you should be able to look in to the right, that is your ECU.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
You need to open the glove box, squeeze in the sides to open it all the way. Just be sure you empty the glove box before doing this or everything will get dumped on the floorboard. If you take a flashlight, you should be able to look in to the right, that is your ECU.
I was able to see mine with the glove box closed and just looking under the dash

·
Registered
335 Posts
That is also known as the Tear tag. I can look them up based on the VIN. Although you should be able to see the tag without removing the ECU.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Pull the glove box out, point a flash light in there, poke your head in there at an odd angle and look at the label. It should be visible from that point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts