Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I wasn't feeling desperate when I bought my car and I wouldn't have let the salesman talk me into my LX instead of the ZTec :( Damn it... Anyway, I've learned the price of ignorance I think but still hope that you all can help me out.
Is it possible to get my weenie 110 hp and 125 lbs torque up to be able to compete with ztec zx 3 and 5 cousins? How much would a cold air intake, new muffler (not new headers... least not yet) going to do for me? Couple hp at most? Besides as far as I can tell it basically has a nice cold air intake already... scoop for airfilter goes straight out the grill me thinx... isn't that basically a cold air intake? I dunno... some1 help me please. Suggestions and advice welcome.

·
Registered
124 Posts
it can be done. i know a couple guys that have spi's faster than stock zx3's. i THINK a larger throttle body, new exhaust system and intake are the best places to start. i'm not exactly and engine guy though so take that for what its worth.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much - your insight's very appreciated man. Guess I just have to continue to wrestle with the idea of voiding my warranty for something faster.

·
Registered
678 Posts
An intake, exhaust, throttle body, header, and some pullies should do a nice bit of power gains.. and still not be anything thats too costly.. I only have an intake and exhaust.. Im waiting and hopefully I can get pullies.. I hear they make nice gains.. on the LX decision, I didnt get a decision at all, or I wouldve went with the little ZX3 at the end of the dealer, but mother went with the sedan, with the spi.. so close..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts