Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for sometime for solid information on whether or not the 2003 ford focus lx comes standard with Keyless entry.

I could not find any solid proof anywhere.

Also do I need to have the stock radio installed for remote programming?

Thanks for any help Josh.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
No and No

it came with crank windows and manual locks standard.

radio does not effect it either

·
Registered
676 Posts
LX was the bare bones Focus, 2000-04. No keyless. [I have an '03 brochure.] Only LX options were automatic, console armrest, and CD player.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are saying there is no keyless system in the 03 focus at all? Estimate on the difficulty of doing one myself? Could junk yard most of the needed parts from another focus?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LX was the bare bones Focus, 2000-04. No keyless. [I have an '03 brochure.] Only LX options were automatic, console armrest, and CD player.
That is lame, read somewhere that the 01 and newer came with it. I didn't feel the it was good site though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
So you are saying there is no keyless system in the 03 focus at all? Estimate on the difficulty of doing one myself? Could junk yard most of the needed parts from another focus?
Umm, no. [???:)] Did not say "there is no keyless system in the 03 focus at all" at all. Did you realize that there are other trim levels when you were car shopping? The higher levels were SE and ZX3.

You'll have to do alot of re-wiring and all to upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umm, no. [???:)] Did not say "there is no keyless system in the 03 focus at all" at all. Did you realize that there are other trim levels when you were car shopping? The higher levels were SE and ZX3.

You'll have to do alot of re-wiring and all to upgrade.
The thread topic is "2003 LX Keyless entry". I haven't left this topic. I also mentioned this is my first post. I just forgot to add the LX in my last post. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
The most simple way to answer the OP's question.

Do you have power locks / windows? ... If the answer is no, then you do not have the necessary hardware for keyless entry.

Yes, you may be able to add all of the electronics / actuators to accommodate keyless, but it would be an incredible amount of work. You would basically need to change the entire wiring harness that runs to all of your doors.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts

Do you have power locks / windows? ... If the answer is no, then you do not have the necessary hardware for keyless entry.

Yes, you may be able to add all of the electronics / actuators to accommodate keyless, but it would be an incredible amount of work. You would basically need to change the entire wiring harness that runs to all of your doors.
this is correct...don't forget the new module too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This is what I figured, I just curious. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts