Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of painting my entire interior White, minus the inserts perts which would be carbon fiber. Anyone seen anything like this done on a foci? and when I say everything I mean everything, The Pillars the dash, all plastic panels minus inserts, only black in the car would be the steering wheel, the carpet, and I would convert the roof from grey to black.

Reactions: pasta

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've seen a lot of painted interiors here on FF, but not a completely white one. Something to consider though, a white dash will reflect the sun in the daytime, and bright street lights at night, and the glare on the windshield could make it nearly impossible to see to drive. You could tape some white paper to the dash and drive it around to check my theory. Just a thought.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Has this been done? I dont remeber seeing it on this forum but Im sure it has. My only recommendation is take your sweet ass time. But people have done many of the parts you wanna do so just check out the how to section.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
just do it ALL in CF! lol i think it would look good 2 tone maybe, mostly white w/ a few more CF accents.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Interesting. Do it! I'm also thinking of other CF applications for my interior like trying to have the center console done to tie in with the radio bezel I'm getting.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All my interior is now white minus the dash..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IT's dark out, but I will try a couple dark shots give me a few.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres pics from today's meet and my interior.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next is celling will be black Vinyl, the floors will be shampooed, and new floor matcs. Center Console and Dash will be put to midnight black, to even it out.. New Seats with more cash flow...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the dash will go black up top, with accents of white. Due to white on the dash makes it very hard to see and the UV is hard on whites, so top of dash needs to be black I think.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I don't mean to be harsh man, but look at all that overspray... if you really want to do this kind of job right, spend the time to do it right by doing good prep work (thorough cleaning and masking). Also make sure you're using the correct paint for the material you're spraying, because some parts of the dash and doorpanels are vinyl, and others are plastic.

Here's a proper white interior... do a search for G_wagen over on focaljet. The car isn't around anymore but it's the best example of a white interior in a Focus I've seen in my 7 years around the community:

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
White is not my thing but that is an awesome looking interior. Didn't know some parts were vinyl and some plastic. Info as to what's what? If I do anything I would like to get the right paint for the job.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
^^ i remember seeing that before.. Thats a properly awesome interior. Almost as nice as yours CaysE.
LOL thanks man.

White is not my thing but that is an awesome looking interior. Didn't know some parts were vinyl and some plastic. Info as to what's what? If I do anything I would like to get the right paint for the job.
It depends on the year and trim... basically if you touch it and it has a slight amount of give to it, it's vinyl; if it's solid, it's plastic. In my SVT, the entire doorpanel is vinyl except for the bottom pocket, speaker grille, door pull, and anything that's removable (switch bezels, door handles, door pull inserts, etc). And the colored insert is either tweed (non-EAP SVTs) or leather (EAP SVTs).

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Makes sense. Plastic=hard, vinyl=not so much. My door is the same but with a plastic trim piece over the top of the insert.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts