Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car a few days ago and on the way home the car was fine and the second day i drove it the car takes off slow and bogs out when i give it gas and the pedel is to the floor it wont go over like 30 miles a hr it acts like it wants to go fast but don't than 3rd day it wouldn't start and when it did start it would bog out and die than have restart the car i was thinking of changing the fuel filter pvc valve maybe spark plugs and wires and get a air filter for the car and so fuel injection cleaner and then clean the maf sensor with some sensor cleaner does anyone thinks its a fuel pump going out lol

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Moved to General Tech for better exposure

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Manual or Auto?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car is a auto it also makes a popping sound out of the tb i sprayed some carb cleaner in the tb and now it stays running and i drove it it seemed a little better but its still takes off slow and bogs out like it wont go after i put the pedal to the floor lol

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
You should do a full tune up on any "new" used car purchase.
Could be a simple as a bad misfire from worn plugs or a clogged fuel filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i am going to do a tune up on the car first before i do anything else to the car and i looked at the coil pack and it looked like it had a small crack on the side of the coil pack but i don't know if that would cause a problem or not lol

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Yes, a cracked coil will cause a problem.

Find a Motorcraft replacement.

Any other brand is a waste of money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i changed the pvc valve and the spark plugs and its not acting up no more so i guess it was a bad spark plug and i am going buy a new coil pack since the other one i have has a small crack in it i was thinking of getting a msd coil pack or is that a waste of money the motorcraft one is $105 and i can get the msd coil pack for $70.00 lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts