Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 focus zts that I purchased in March. About a week after I bought the car, the Check Gas Cap light came on so I checked the gas cap, It was tight and seated properly. Then the check engine light came on, figured this was for scheduled maintenance because of the 98K miles on the car.

About a week later the car was dead when I went to go to work in the morning. Took the battery and had it check it was less than 2 months old and in excellent condition. another week went by and the car starting acting like it was going to stall on me while I was driving. Woke up another morning and the car was dead again. Took the car to my mechanic to check the battery and alternator, both fine putting out proper voltage.

needless to say I have attempted some things on my own and found that if I remove the 7.5 amp fuse from the 36th position on my dash fuse panel the car runs perfect but i have no dash instruments and my air conditioning doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this issue so I can take to my mechanic and have it fixed before I drive my car of the Sunshine Skyway!!!

[nutkick]

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That is unusual troubleshooting, anyway if your check engine light is on now get the code read and report back. Other than that I pull out of my ass an electric issue of some sort possibly a bad ground or frayed wire(s)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had the codes pulled before with this when we took it to the mechanic and it come back as a Hvap leak....I think that is right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts