Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost the timing pin plug that goes to the crankshaft (huge friggin disaster, lost all my oil) and now I need a new one. Can someone tell me the dimensions of that bolt? I know it has to be pretty short, and that's about it lol.

Its the top right hole that I need filled.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Your local Ford dealer can likely sell you one.
You could then check the specs from that one to buy a more reasonably-priced version before returning the Ford part.
Or you could just pay the $5 or whatever for the bolt and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
don't know but...

Should be a standard/course thread m10 or m12 right?. Hit hardware store, buy one of each, and carefully thread in by hand to "feel it". Add one reg washer + one rubber washer. Plus, maybe a tiny dab of high temp rtv or some thread sealant?

Yeah, a very short one. 3/4-inch bolt plus washers... would hopefully not be too long.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
A local pull a part ie; junkyard is of great help

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Half inch long (12.5 mm.) 10 mm. shank but I forget the thread pitch. Buy a copper or aluminum washer to seal it. Good hardware store will have it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard that a head bolt will fit in that hole, correct? Aren't there head bolts that hold the piece that connects the passenger motor mount to the engine (hard to explain, hope you all know what I'm talking about)?

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
'Take the timing tool to the HW store and match the threads.'

There you go, I almost put that in too. Gotta make 'em at least heat up the hair oil to lukewarm though.............................krikey, buy more than one bolt thread there, maybe fifty cents each?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts