Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No longer for sale. Keeping it. Mods close this up. Thanks!

New Price! $3700 OBO

Car: 2003 Infra-Red 3 Door SVT Focus
Asking Price: $5000 OBO - now $3700
Photos: Flickr locked me out of my account for some reason, so until I can get back in, I'm using Dropbox for images... here's the link with all the pictures of my car:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0l5w2ctwp2n5mlu/AADgOJEBHyZHvVl4fpqTI9mca
Person placing ad: Me, Zack
Contact info: PM me on here for phone number so we can text or call

Options:
Cold Weather package (Heated front seats, Traction control, engine block heater, heated mirrors)
Sunroof

THE GOOD:
Mechanical:
fresh oil/filter change
new valve cover gasket
new passenger side rear lower control arm

within the last year:
new tie rods
repaired knuckles
new coil pack
new brakes
new struts

Mechanical Mods:
FocusSport Front Strut Bar
AEM Ram Air Intake (sounds cool, doesn't do anything for performance)
MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust (gives the car a nice growl, doesn't sound tinny or "ricey")

Interior:
4 boston acoustic speakers (60w RMS)
2 Alpine SPS-110TW Type-S 1" Tweeters (100w RMS) installed in the A-Pillar
1 factory 8-inch subwoofer in the hatch (75w)
1 Alpine MRP-F300 Amp (50w RMS x 4) powering the speakers
1 Kenwood KAC-5204 Amp (60w RMS x 2) powering the tweeters
1 iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW steering wheel control interface to allow the factory steering wheel controls to be used with the aftermarket stereo system

All the wiring was done by me and all of it is hidden (the amps are under the front seats and are visible, but all wiring goes under the carpeting and isn't visible)
1 JVC Arsenal KDA95BT head unit (takes cd's, bluetooth, iPhone via USB, and has an auxiliary port that I ran through the glove box that can be hidden) installed in the dash with pocket underneath
This car is actually one of the loudest cars I've ever been in. The bass doesn't shake the glass or anything, and it's not supposed to. It's built for clarity, and it does that beautifully, at any volume.
New(ish) SVT shift knob (have old one)
WeatherTech all season rubber floor mats with cutting to make them fit better (front and rear)

Exterior:
Aftermarket HALO Headlights with LEDS

Other Stuff:
Comes with a full set of SVT Focus 5-Spoke wheels (same as on the car) with 3 Blizzak winter tires that have more than 80% of the tread left.

THE BAD:
Needs new tires BAD, heavy groaning when turning right, not sure what it is (might be a worn bearing).
Exterior has some dings and scratches that are shown in the pictures. Also, there are some slight rust spots and an ugly patch job where one of the bigger rust spots was (rust was eliminated, but paint doesn't really match).
Driver's seat has a couple rips in it, but otherwise the interior is in pretty good shape.

This car has been amazing but sadly its time to pass it on. I'm either the third or fourth owner, but I've only had it for about 17,000 miles. In that time, I've done most of the major repairs that these cars need: brakes have been done, struts, tie rods, a lower control arm, and of course general maintenance. Oil has been changed every 5,000 miles or so with Mobil 1 full Synthetic. The timing belt was replaced by the previous owner, which is a big deal on these cars as they have an interference motor. The car is quick and handles better than any car I've ever driven. Really the handling is out of this world, but the ride is not harsh at all. Its awesome in the winter, and with the Blizzaks on, (I only changed the front two tires when I drove it) it outperforms my father's all wheel drive vehicle in terms of grip. The car gets a lot of looks mostly because people have no idea what it is. It really is a pretty rare car (I myself have only seen about 3 on the road) and is a joy to drive around in. I do want to sell it but I am in no rush. The price is OBO, so make an offer!

Thanks for looking!
-Zack

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Man you guys are killing me. [?|] Another SVT too far away to buy.

Why?..said my wife...just because we can I says and I need more Man Sized Lego's...[wrenchin]

Anyhoo...Very few SVT's for sale here in COlorado.

Someone buy this car please. With a little TLC we could save another one.

Thank you for your time.

PS...have you checked the build number?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man you guys are killing me. [?|] Another SVT too far away to buy.

Why?..said my wife...just because we can I says and I need more Man Sized Lego's...[wrenchin]

Anyhoo...Very few SVT's for sale here in COlorado.

Someone buy this car please. With a little TLC we could save another one.

Thank you for your time.

PS...have you checked the build number?
I wish I had the money to save it.... it really is a great car and it doesn't need much to be in awesome shape.

And no, I never got around to getting the build number. If you're interested, I can find it out soon.

Thanks for the interest!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.