Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[dunno] OK we just changed the Oxygen Sensor tonight because we took the car to Auto Zone and they ran codes and told us that is what it was....there is no difference at all in the performance of the car....it is still stalling, whether in drive, park or neutral??? What else can it be? I have a brand new battery too and now since we changed the sensor, the check engine light went off and Auto Zone said they could not check with out that on??? At a loss on what else to check...[dunno]

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well if you're not getting any more codes then most likely it's mechanical.

Check your spark plugs, wires, coil pack. Maybe you injectors are really dirty and plugged up. Have you ever had your fuel system cleaned? Clean the MAF as well.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Yah, need more information.

When does it stall?
How long has this been happening?
Have you done a regular maintenance checkup- fuel filter, air filter, clean MAF, plug wires, plugs?
** VERY IMPORTANT** What were the deposits on the plugs? Color? Consistency?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It stalls when at a red light or in park or neutral...it never cuts off..just sputters a lots like it willcut off??? Someone told me that the idle needs to be relearned..does that sound right?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Read that thread i pointed out. I am pretty sure that is your problem. PCV hose.

To relearn idle (reset your computer/ECU) you need to disconnect the positive cable of the battery for 20 min. Connect it back and start the car. DO NOT touch the throttle and let it idle for about 5-7 minutes. During that time you will see idle flactuate and then settle. This procedure is timed and is usually 5 min so just to be safe idle for 7 min. After the idle is relearned go for a ride on the highway.

I am pretty convinced that it's your PCV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts