Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Ford Focus and about 2 weeks ago I was sitting at a red light and looked down because the gauges caught my eye by turning off (gas, rpm, temp) all just died..the car did not stall or die at all and then in 2 seconds they popped back up with the flicker of the dash lights??? It has done this on and off for about 2 weeks and now the last time it did this the check engine light stayed on (surprise)? Not sure where to look...I have read a couple of sites: PCV Valve, MAF sensor, Oxygen sensor...just not sure where to start?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> not sure where to start?

If you have a check engine light, the first thing to do is read the codes. If you do not have a code reader, many auto parts places, such as Autozone, will read them for free.

Be sure that they give the actual code(s), not just a verbal explanation like "it says your xxx is bad."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We took it to 2 Auto zones...the first one said that they could not read because there had to be something worng with the gear box???? and then the second one said it was the transmission???? I am having no problem with the gears or transmission...I do not think that they know what they were talking about?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok we took it to autozone another one and this time they said that it was the oxygen sensor...so we changed that andit is still the same.....?????

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> they said that it was the oxygen sensor...

Have them give you the specific code, e.g., P0174, etc. Their verbal description is not precise enough.

There are two O2 sensors, which one did you change?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts