Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to the forum, and not much of a car guy in general (so sad, I know), but I thought that perhaps I could get a little help with a headlight issue I'm having with my 2003 Ford Focus ZTS.

To make a long story short, I have a dead headlight. Went to the garage to get it replaced and found out, to my dismay, that the headlights are form an aftermarket HID kit that was installed by the previous owner. Time has worn the tags down, so I don't have a part number either.

As far as I can tell, it's a 6000K D2S bulb, although I am unsure of the wattage of the ballast (I have a suspicion it's 55W, though). The real problem is, these aren't quick connect bulbs; the harness is wired directly into the HID low-beam as well as the halogen high-beam.

I've scoured the internet and I cannot find a single replacement bulb or harness that matches what I have (I've attached images for reference). I have a hunch that I can replace the harness with one that supports quick-connect bulbs, but I have no idea if the ballast will support both high and low beams.

If any of you guys have any advice, information, or recommendations, it would help me out a ton!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkI section for your car year, more discussion of aftermarket lighting here.

Welcome to FF

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Try searching "H4 HID Kit". I find pictures of things similar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is a very weird bulb, I've never seen anything like that. Did you check if the connector coming from the original harness had power going to it? If so I'd consider getting a new HID kit, on DDMtuning uou can get a low beam kit for $30 or a dual beam for $40 I believe. And they give you a life warrantee for bulbs.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I am not a fan of HID's in the OEM headlights. They scatter way too much light and are a danger to other drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts