Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i noticed with my focus that the passenger side headlight is reversed. So if my low beams are on, the passenger highbeam is on, vice versa when i turn on the high beams. I took it into NTB to get it checked out. They told me my headlight bulb was too high when i have only had Silverstar Ultras and the ZXE bulbs in it. They then put in the lowest stock bulbs in which retail for $20 and charged me for $40....I was wondering if this is true? Because everytime i google what bulbs will work for my car the silverstars and the ZXE come up.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Sounds like there's more to the story, like a melted harness at the connector...

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Definitely missing something here. What does 'too high' mean?

Just because bulbs 'work' or fit your car does not mean they are legal if they mean too high as in intensity. The 'net is full of fed mandated illegal product.

I smell some incompetence there, the bulbs and sockets are keyed and should be impossible to reverse them. If double bulbed then one side can be fitted with wrong one but the other can't, the OD of bulb that sets to hole is different, one smaller the other larger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts