Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going to all? I am new to the board but unfortunately have a problem I was wondering if any1 would be able to help me with.

I have a 2003 Focus - base model Auto. Trans w/ 63000 miles on it. My problem is that at times it seems like the car is having problems accelerating. When I speed up say from a stop light, at times the car feels like someone is holding the back, slowing it down then @ about 35-40 MPH it finally kicks in and accelerates normally.

Since it is a 4 cyl I know it doesn't have all the power in the world but it has not always done this. In fact it only started within the past 3 mo. I was wondering if any1 could give me some direction to go it with regards to getting this fixed, Ive had people tell me transmission, timing belt, bad clutch(?!)- (that person was an idiot for the record. ) So any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW; it doesn't do the funky accel. all the time if that makes any difference

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
have you tried all the regualr easy stuff yet?
-air filter
-oil
-plugs/wires

give yourself a tune up, see how it goes. i hope this tranny isn't bad, i have 35 on mine right now. you might want to check the transmission fluid to and add if necessary, anything beyond that is beyond my knowledge, good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im taking it in for a tune up 2morrow. the oil just got changed and the spark wires @ 35000. ill let you know what the verdict is. In the event that they say i need a new trans. would it be worth getting since the car is only worth about 8-10k as it is?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i took it into the shop yesterday and got it straightened out. From what i can tell so far it just needed to be flushed and wasnt anything else serious- good thing cause a college kid trying 2 replace a trans? BOOOOOOOO! anyhow thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts