Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my svtf, im just to exhausted trying to fix the timing issue every 10-20 miles. It keeps getting retarted timing because i lost the positive dead stop for the vct housing and its just to much time consuming and a pain to deal with. Plus i already spend alot of money considering for what its worth.

Details:
2003 focus svt zx5 155,000 miles clean Texas title registered under my name.

Purchased 4 months ago with alot of details with broken sensors which i fixed (look on my posts).

It's having timing issues (p1383) over retarded every 10-20 miles after i adjust the timing like once a week. Typical loss of power, studdering with backfire. I think this is being caused because the vct housing is not in positive dead stop or neutral position, which i can't figured were it should be.

Check engine light is on because of this and also because of P0453 evap code.

Front tires are in bad shape/ rears are in really good shape.

Needs alignment front and back.

Needs new rubber for bolts that tightens the valve cover. Because the current ones are blown and keep sipping oil into the cilynder wells. This happened because the valve cover was over tighten.

Temperature gauge redlined twice during the past 3 months, not sure if because of fan resistor pack or timing?

Thats all mechanical wise.

Exterior is 8/10 some small dings/dents and rear bumper paint flaking of on small portion, no rust.
Interior is 8.5/10 driver seat has small hole( half and inch)
Car runs and starts right away.

Sell as is. Not recommended as a daily driver unless you're planning on fixing the timing.

Im asking 2,300 obo located in El paso, Texas
(915) Six30-8437 txt please as i work morning till 7pm. Or txt before call after 7pm thanks

Pictures below

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to keep it considering i always wanted a svtf. But not sure if it's worth it putting more money. Right now im at a loss. But if i could fix the vct housing issue which i suspect is causing the over retardation every 10-20 miles i would most likely keep it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I would like to keep it considering i always wanted a svtf. But not sure if it's worth it putting more money. Right now im at a loss. But if i could fix the vct housing issue which i suspect is causing the over retardation every 10-20 miles i would most likely keep it.
If you just got it a bit ago...Don't give up on it....yea it might need some work, but no other car drives like it. Lots cheaper then any BMW, ect....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill admit it's pretty fun to drive, but it has gotten to the point where i have to advance the timing once even twice every week for the past 3 months it's so exhausting. I even redid the timing 3 times using the timing tools for tdc and i keep getting same or worse results. I got lucky one time and was able to drive for 100 miles with no issues, but i haven't achieved the same results anymore. So i rather not deal with it unless i can find someone who can help me fix my timing issue for a reasonable price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts