Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ford focus svt. It was in storage for 6 months and I had the batty disconnected. When I hooked everything back up it will not start. When I Put the key in ignition it beeps a lot at me and then I get all the normal lights, the odometer works fine as does the radio. I took the battery to the shop and they said it fully charged. When I turn the key I get a very fast series of beeps and nothing hapens, the engine makes no noise. After that none of the normal lights come back on except for the airbag light I believe. I have to disconnect and hook the battery back up to get the lights to come back on in the dash. Is this an electrical problem I will have to get the car into the shop to fix?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Even though the battery measured as being fully charged at 12+V, it doesn't mean it has enough cranking amps to turn the motor over. You really need to have the battery load tested.

You can try substituting a known good battery or jumping the vehicle with cables. If the car sat for 6 months - depending on where - you may have some corrosion and moisture problems in the electrics. Clean the battery posts and ground connections and make sure everything is tight.

But really, it just sounds like your battery isn't up to snuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts