Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 Focus SVT CD Silver ZX3 w/red inserts #3482 181K
Denver, CO.
Originally $1,500.00, but my price is $1,100.00 because of the missing SVT bumper.
email [email protected] for pics
Mike
PM me for my phone # to talk details.

Car was born 6/03 1 of 616 (if it matters to anyone)

I am trying to help out the lady who owns this SVT. She is the original owner and made the mistake of letting her kids drive it...lol. I went to see it on Sunday so I had a real good look at it and to talk with her.

I want to buy it, but my wife says 6 Foci is enough for now. The gal even offered to have it towed to my house for free. It needs some TLC, it would make a sweet project car, or at worst an awesome parts car because it is all still stock.

Here's a few things about the car:

No mods. Car has original SVT mats and manual, build certificate, service records, etc.

Really clean interior.

Someone hit a deer at one point so the hood, bumper, grill, etc is not original svt. Then the hood flew up and damaged the sunroof so it's siliconed shut...notsomuch a good job on the repair.

All repairs to the front end looked like they were done by a professional. Deer hit dead center so no fender or headlight damage.

Headlights are the HID's.

Car overheats, but based on what I looked at I think it's a t-stat issue and may be easy to fix. I'm no expert, but I did stay at the Drury Inn awhile back.

Haven't checked compression.

Engine bay is clean with no leaks. Tranny has no leaks and she said they were on like the 3rd clutch.

Missing airbox snorkel, the plastic piece covering the coil, and that bent hose from the airbox, and the scoop thingy that attaches to it.

Aftermarket security system is currently haywire I guess because it turns over, but won't fire up. Then one day it works just fine she said. Didn't spend a lot of time messing with it.

LR rim is bent from a pothole, but still holds air. Others are "OK", but not great. Tires have about 50% left.

No rust. Underneath looked great.

LR Q-panel has some scrapes like someone brushed a wall. It was a white wall.

Missing drivers door handle because the kids took it apart. She said it may be in the garage somewhere.

Drivers mirror is missing. Just the glass part though. Plastic is all still in tact.

If there is no interest in this car by the end of the week I'm going to buy it. Only because I need the drivers seat cover for my red SVT. Then I'll store it for parts.

Hopefully someone will save it because she has no interest in fixing it up and I think with about 1K it could be a good car even with the high miles.

Thank you for looking!

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you do buy it and want to sell parts..I'm needing the OEM front carpet mats :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I vote you buy it an part it to us. If closer id take it.
First dibs on svt front/rear brake conversion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds like all repairs have been done & does "work" & drive well.

Do you know if it would need a new clutch? (Usually not a cheap thing to do).

You said it doesn't have the SVT bumper, so I'm assuming just a standard zx3 bumper?

Basically, only problem is the sunroof? And I'm not a sunroof person, so no problem for me.

I'll give you a call late afternoon/ early eve, unless there's a better or good time to call.

Oh, assume car is in CO? If someone wanted to drive back to NY in it, would you say no problem? Or you don't think it would make it?

Thanks!

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds like all repairs have been done & does "work" & drive well.

Do you know if it would need a new clutch? (Usually not a cheap thing to do).

You said it doesn't have the SVT bumper, so I'm assuming just a standard zx3 bumper?

Basically, only problem is the sunroof? And I'm not a sunroof person, so no problem for me.

I'll give you a call late afternoon/ early eve, unless there's a better or good time to call.

Oh, assume car is in CO? If someone wanted to drive back to NY in it, would you say no problem? Or you don't think it would make it?

Thanks!
I never got to drive it. Wouldn't start, but turned over nicely. No weird noises just wouldn't fire up and she thinks it's the aftermarket security system the kid put on it. The hood and all off the braces, grill, etc in the engine bay were black like what replacement parts look like. Not salvaged parts. Hood was just primed gray on top. Under side of hood was the black color.

It is a newer clutch. She may even have receipts.

Bumper is a regular ZX3.

Sunroof is not broken, but she said it's off the track. Pushed down a little so the seal leaked. Hence the silicone.

Car is in Colorado. I have not yet heard it run because I didn't have time to dinker with it.

I would tow it if it were me until I knew exactly what issue it has. It overheats, but I did not see or smell anything that appears to be cooked so that's why I think it may be a thermastat issue, but could be way wrong.

I hope someone buys this car because it would make a really nice project car and for 1,100 bucks you can't go wrong IMHO.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked with the gal this morning and she's wondering if I'm still interested in buying it.

Since I just bought another red SVT I'm probably not going to buy it. She is reposting an ad on craigslist today and may post her own ad here on FF. This will make a great project SVT so I hope we can help her find a new home for it.

Thanks for looking. [cheers]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts