Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 focus svt that suddenly started misfiring on a rainy day as I got off on a exit. I recall downshifting and coming to a stop sign then I felt shaking and smelled sulfur. So I went to the part store and had the codes read. It came up with a misfire on cylinder 4.I went ahead and replaced the coil. Same issue. Running rough and misfiring still getting sulfur smell.Tool to a local mechanic he said the injectors are working (via stethoscope) and that it has spark in every cylinder. All cylinders have compresson.(cylinder 4 has 95%) the rest are around 100 still within working range I was told. He suggested timing belt, but didn't have the tools to do it. I took it to ford stealership and they replaced it and reset the timing ($580) ). Still not running right although the smell has stopped. I replaced all 4 plugs. Wires have continuity and seem fairly new no wear spots. I have replaced the upstream O2 sensor and pulled open the intake manifold runner control bc I was getting a p1518 after having spent all this money. When I pulled it apart I checked the spring and toggled the gears to open and close the valves(I could hear them seat). Still running like crap getting a flashing CEL under heavy load. No power rough idle backfiring and misfiring. I AM OUT OF IDEAS. Please help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts