Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i was wondering if its an issue with focus AT's, my engine seems to rev out when i punch the gas and i have to let off the throttle before it shifts. I dont know if its an issue to be delt with, or if its within the norm.. I still have 24,000km left on the engine and drive train, so im just curious.. thanks.

I love my focus

·
Registered
745 Posts
sell the ATX and get an MTX...itll solve the problem and be alot more fun to drive ;)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
take it in now! mine started doing that and i didn't think much of it. shortly after that the transmission would only shift very hard if at all. i actually had it bounce off the rev limiter a few times on me. the dealership i took my car to said that i had numerous broken seals in the transmission itself and they ended up putting a new one in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aha, thanks focuson03, im gonna take it where I bought it. and see if take it to the dealer er what. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
could you be a little more in depth with this description? because sometimes if i am accelerating then then i take my foot off the gas it will shift like it was just late. i've never had a hard shift, except the occaisional bucking into reverse when i dont let it heat up enough in the winter.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
This is now beginning to happen with my 01 ATX sedan. Its a real PITA, too.

I've been told that a tune can correct this as well, because it changes the shift points...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts