Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can. I can only hear this noise while the car is rolling on the ground. If I jack the pass. Side up and turn the wheel there is no noise at all. But while the car is in motion at low speeds it sounds like a squeegee gleaning glass but its not constant. It only seems to make this noise once a full rotation. Maybe In The rotors? Pads are not new but have about 1/4 inch or so left. And it doesn't matter if your breaking or not it still make the noise. The slower you go the slower the noise. I know this isn't very helpful but at this moment its all I got.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol, that's pretty funny. I have the same issue with another car I own, and I think it's actually the tire making the noise. I have looked at everything, and that's the only conclusion I can come to. I guess I won't know for sure until the tires are replaced. :) Good luck with your research.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know I'm really ashamed to even say anything but I figured I would let everyone know what the problem was. Yes my car made the same noise going forwards, reverse, and just rolling in those directions in neutral. The problem was I had loose lugs. All four had worked loose somehow. Just on that wheel. Anyway I tightened the lugs and no more noise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, in my teenage years I lost the front right on a 4 runner, a back left on a mgbgt with the knock off wires and a front wheel on a motor cycle. All mine went from loose wheel to no wheel before I knew it, took a half hour just to find the 4 runner tire and rim it was so far out in a field.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tx for posting your answer, a good reminder to "check the obvious" even when you think it's OK.

Like asking if there's fuel when something won't run, there isn't a question so simple that it can be skipped when checking out an issue.

Loose wheel? Yup - it happens more often than you'd think.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts